KCPE and KCSE Examination Guidelines 2019
KCPE/KCSE Examination Guidelines 2019
Instructions to Supervisors and Invigilators
Supervisors and invigilators should call the attention of the candidates to the Instructions/Guidelines and adhere to them. They should also ensure that candidates are issued with answer sheets that have the correct names and index numbers.
Instructions to the Teachers
TEACHERS are advised to ensure that candidates clearly understand the instructions given below and are aware of the penalties for examination irregularities or misconduct. Candidates are required to follow these instructions carefully.
Instructions to Kcpe/KCSE Candidates
- Avail yourself for searching outside the examination room and be seated at your desk/table 15 minutes before the time scheduled for the paper. Morning sessions will start at 8.30 a.m.
- A candidate who arrives late will be required to give a satisfactory reason to the Supervisor. Only in exceptional circumstances will a paper be given to any candidate who is more than half an hour late. Punctuality should be observed for all papers.
- As soon as notice is given to stop, check to ensure that your name and index number have been written and crossed correctly on the answer sheet.
- Check to ensure that each page of your question paper is printed.
- Withdrawal from the examination should have been notified to the KNEC before 31st May 2019.
Kcpe Examination Room 2019
- Do not leave a sheet of paper you have written on or your answers in such a position that another candidate can read them. You should not give or obtain unfair assistance, or attempt to do so, whether by copying or in any other way, and your work should not show proof of such unfair assistance.
- No communication whatsoever in whatever manner between candidates or with outsiders is allowed during the examination.
- You are not allowed to have in your possession or in your proximity while in the examination room, any book, notes, papers or any other materials whatsoever except the correct question papers and any materials expressly authorized by the Kenya National Examinations Council.
- You must return immediately to the Supervisor any question paper that has smudges, has errors or is badly printed.
- You must not take any used or unused writing paper out of the examination room. Any rough work must be done on the official question paper, if not to be submitted with the answers, must be left on the desk to be collected by the Supervisor and destroyed.
- Any misconduct or causing of disturbance in or near the examination room will be treated as an examination irregularity.
- Cell phones or any other electronic communication device are prohibited in examination centres. Any candidate caught in possession of a cell phone/any other electronic communication device will have his/her results cancelled.