CERTIFIED PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY PROFESSIONAL (CPSP) PART II
KISM AND KASNEB
CERTIFIED PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY PROFESSIONAL (CPSP)
FRIDAY: 27 May 2016. Time Allowed: 3 hours.
Answer ALL questions. Marks allocated to each question are shown at the end of the question.
Explain using relevant examples, the role played by category management within the following activities in a good processing company:
- Mapping of procurement requirements.
- Development of confidential agreements with some of the staff.
- Managing supply and market risks.
- IVleasur ng supplier performance. SECTION B
- Discuss the use of RAQSCI category management tool in accessing alignment of category strategies to an organization’s business strategy.
- Evaluate FIVE emerging: issues and trends in category management.
(5 marks) (Total: 20 marks)
(10 marks) (Total: 20 marks)
(a) Discuss FIVE ways in which a category manager in a, Motor: Vehicle assembly plant procurement can categorise
Suppliers. (10 marks)
) Explain FIVE key requirements in the use of E-Reverse auctions for supplier selec ion. (10 marks)
(Total: 20 marks)
Kikomi was originally launched in 1997 by Kuku Ltd., as a confectionary aimed at theAdult Market.–119Wever, the following year the market focus was altered to target children. This led to the confectionary being packed in, tubes..
Over the years demand has increased and Kikomi has become a strong brand in the Kenyan confectionary market.
Kikomi are brightly colour sugar-coated sweets with a milk chocolate centre. The mix comprises of colours; red, yellow, orange, green, mauve, pink, brown and blue. They ate available in four distinctive standard packages. A tube with coloured tops; cartons; a three tube multi-pack and since 2001, a mini-carton for the ‘smaller size” market,
Malebo Ltd. is another major confectionary manufacturing group in Kenya that produces a range of well-known confectionary brands including Malebo Bars, Twins and Maltessos.
in July 2005, Malebo Ltd. launched Malex in Kenya. The product was already a major seller in other EAC and COMESA countries. Malex are brightly coloured chocolate-centred sweets and the closest thing to Kikomi.
- Advise the management of both companies how they could use the BCG matrix to improve performance in the
Dynamic market. (10 marks)
- Discuss FIVE communication tools available to both companies to keep their stakeholders informed. (10 marks)
- Assess how strategic sourcing would contribute to the competitive advantage of either company. (10 marks)
- Discuss the importance of analyzing the demand pattern for confectionary products: (10 marks)
( Mal: 40 marks)